Myoplex Lite has always been among the top meal replacement shakes available today in the market. People who are in bodybuilding highly recommends this product. It is actually meant to be either a snack or a meal replacement that you should eat around five to six times a day.
Myoplex Lite is created by Abbott Laboratories with the aim to help users start seeing good results as early as three weeks. They also claim that this shake can help you keep muscle from breaking.
Are their claims true enough? Well, there is only one way to find out and it is to take a deeper look at its content. In this review article, we will find out if this meal replacement shake lives to the hype.
Are you ready? Then keep on reading below!
What Are the Nutrition You Will Get From Myoplex Lite?
Myoplex Lite provides 20 grams of protein in every package which is enough to help you maintain the lean muscle. It uses whey protein which is one of the best sources of protein and will help you with muscle gain, fat loss as well as in the production of energy.
Anyway, these are few different protein mixtures as well as amino acids that can be found in Myoplex Lite Shake
- Whey Protein Concentrate. This type of protein went through a special process of separating the protein of milk from other elements and leaves natural protein with even greater concentration than milk alone. It also comes with several health benefits since it has lower levels of cholesterol and fat.
- Whey Protein Isolate. This is what makes Myoplex Lite a good post workout meal. Its content of Whey Protein Isolate makes the product easily digested after your workout, plus it has at least 90% protein that is good for your muscles.
- Calcium Caseinate. This slow acting protein has been extracted from casein that can be found in lean milk. But you have to be careful as calcium caseinate can possibly cause deathly allergic reactions in some people.
- Soy Protein Isolate. Though it has fewer nutrients when compared to other forms of soy, it is a refined protein source and gives out more protein.
- Taurine. This content can help you improve your overall cardiovascular health as well as skeletal muscle growth.
- L-Glutamine. This type of amino acid is mostly found in eggs, meat as well as whey protein. It is beneficial in increasing your muscle mass.
Myoplex Lite provides 5 grams of fiber in every serving. Its oat fiber content is absolutely a great dietary fiber source and is beneficial in keeping your heart healthy. And of course, it can keep you feeling satiated and even make you feel like you have not been skipping meals.
Myoplex Lite made sure to keep its sugar content very low at one gram in the entire drink.
- Corn Syrup Solids. A type of sweetener derived from corn that is easy and fast to digest.
However, both are artificial sweeteners, though they don’t have any qualities similar to sugar, it can take a toll on your attempt at suppressing your appetite. Also, there have been several reports that claim that both are potentially harmful to our overall health. Myoplex Lite could have done it better by using a different type of sweetener like the natural stevia.
4. Other Nutrients and Minerals
- Ascorbic acid. This powerful vitamin helps improve weight loss through enhanced metabolism.
- Folic Acid. It plays an important role in boosting your health and energy production.
- Biotin. It helps you convert your food into glucose to produce more energy.
Overall, Myoplex Lite offers a total of 180 calories which is a bit higher when compared to other top rated meal replacement shakes. So if you are someone who lives a sedentary life, there may be a risk of not using all these calories.
Is Myoplex Lite an Effective Appetite Suppressant?
In order for a meal replacement shake to effectively suppress hunger, it should be high in both fibers and proteins. So thanks to Myoplex Lite’s 20 grams of protein content, it is already high enough to delay your hunger hormones as well as to facilitate slow release of calories, keeping you feeling full for a longer period of time.
But since Myoplex Lite only has 5 grams of fibers and uses processed sugar, you will quickly get hungry within two hours.
How Does Myoplex Lite Taste?
You can choose between two different forms of Myoplex Lite: ready-to-drink and powder form. There are also seven different flavors and each one has distinct tastes.
Three flavors come in powder form, these are chocolate cream, strawberry cream, and vanilla cream. On the other hand, the ready-to-drink formula comes with four flavors of French vanilla, chocolate fudge, strawberry cream and cookies and cream.
All the flavors come with tolerable taste since this shake uses processed sugar. However, it has uneven texture and it leaves a not so good after-taste.
How Much Will Myoplex Lite Cost You?
What makes Myoplex Lite popular is its affordable price. This will only cost you around $32 for every container or about 20 servings. This means that each serving will cost you $1.6, making it one of the most affordable meal replacement shake in the market.
However, it hasn’t beaten the cost of IdealShape per serving. You can also read my review about IdealShape and find out my recommendation.
Though Myoplex Lite Shake comes with ingredients that I am not fond of, I still highly recommend this product. First, its price is acceptable especially that several top meal replacement shakes available today are way more expensive, plus its 20 grams of protein is very impressive.
I also like how this product is very easy to prepare which is very helpful when you only have few minutes left before you leave for work. So if you are looking for a good post-workout meal that doesn’t take forever to prepare, head on to this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000CGKLV?th=1
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends too!